[bksvol-discuss] Re: Expanding the Bookshare Library

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:37:16 -0500

I agree that one should look at the constraints placed on users by the format
of the books. Reference books like encyclopedias and dictionaries, anything
that is really large and/or has a lot of small and/or inter-related
entries  isn't going to be very usable. Similarly, books that are mostly
pictures, or rely very heavily for an understanding of their content on being
able to see picttures are, imho, not particularly useful.  I suppose its
selfish of me, but  I'd say just go for what interests you. Its your time and
your scanner and the wear and tear on your hands, pressing all those books
flat. So you may as well get something out of it that you will also
read. And of course, there is the wishlist, which will hopefully be updated
soon.
Mary