[bksvol-discuss] Expanding the Bookshare Library

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <rhod3021@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:43:39 -0400

I am now in my home town with a truly awesome public library at disposal, so
the question arises, what to scan?

I am thinking that fiction is being well cared for by everyone else, so what
should I concentrate on.

There is a large Gardening section, but as it is gardening time, there might
not be many books left to borrow to scan.

Would people be interested in reading, about say Horses nonfiction, dogs
nonfiction, small furry animals like rabbits and mice and ferrets like how
to raise them?  We have books on Bees, on birds, and on farm animals, being
a rural library.  Would people be interested in how to raise pigs, chickens,
ducks, rabbits, sheep or cattle?

Would people be interested in "how to" sports books, or books that cover the
rules, as we have a huge selection of those?

I have found we have a whole series on each of the planets and the sun,
would this be worth scanning and submitting?

Would books on particular breeds of dogs be worth scanning?

how about biographies of artists, or craft and art technique books.  Even
gasp drawing or painting books?

Just curious.  As I have the whole summer ahead of me, and a library to
explore.

I want to fill in gaps in our library.  In my eyes Bookshare should be a
place to access materials for pleasure, knowledge, and research and for
reference or knowledge.  What does anyone think?

I have a lot of choices to choose from.

Plus what I have here.

Most of which I want to read, as I am a veracious bookworm.

Thanks for the imput.

rhod3021@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"One glance at a book and you hear
the voice of another person, perhaps