[bksvol-discuss] Exciting News!!

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

The opening episode, two hours, of Extreme Makeover,
Home Edition, features the home and family of one of
our bookshare members and active volunteers, Vic
Llanes.

The show is this Sunday, from 8-10 p.m. on both
coasts; my guess is it will be 7 - 9 central, but you
can check your local schedules. I've been in
correspondence with Vic for a couple of years now. I
googled and read some articles about the show after he
told me about it, and it sounds as if there is going
to be a lot of wonderful new technology in the house
to make living easier for the family. Vic and his mom,
who lives with him, are blind as a result of a
generative eye condition which his two daughters also
have, and he has a son who is deaf. I never thought
until I read one of the articles about the problems of
a blind father and a deaf son communicating. One of
the technologies is going to make that easier.

I'm looking forward to the show--Congratulations, Vic
and family.