[bksvol-discuss] Re: Et Al. not being an author

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 00:13:02 -0500

Julie,

Something already has been done to make people understand that they
shouldn't use et al in the author field and shouldn't use commas in the
author field except to separate authors.  Carrie covers both in her tip for
filling in the fields on the forms.  The tip is called Guidelines For
Submission Fields and can be found on Jake's website.

People, if you haven't read this tip, then please go read it.  It will help
keep the info in the database consistent as well as help you keep from
having books kicked back to the Step 1 page.  If there's a must read for the
tips, then this is it.  The URL for the site can be found below in Grace's
signature.

While you're there, also check out the following:

Verifying Copy Right Information

Restrictions on Long Synopsis

Replacing potential problem characters

The first two also have information which can help prevent you from having a
book kicked back to the Step 1 page.  The last contains info on characters
that cause problems in the books, and Jake recently stated that it is the
most popular tip and that he feels it is a must read.  You'll probably find
some other tips that you'll want to read as well if you've never been to the
site.

HTH

Gerald

  _____