[bksvol-discuss] Essays and copyright - Ideas and Beliefs of the Victorians -- need Claire's finding

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:59:18 -0600

This is a toughy, and may require visual examination of the book and/or a
decision by Claire. I suspect copyright is by E. P. Dutton in 1966  After
all, who else's Rights are All Reserved?

"First published 1966 by E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
All rights reserved."

The above looks like a copyright statement in old-fashioned disguise to
me.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
01/31/2008 09:56 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Essays and copyright - Ideas and Beliefs of the
Victorians

Unless I am advised otherwise, tomorrow I will reject "Ideas and Beliefs
of the Victorians" for lack of copyright.  I will paste the most pertinent
info from the title page at the end of this message, but none of it says
anything about copyright.  It's a collection of essays, many of which are
quite old, but I still think the book needs a copyright.  Right?
Tracy

This paperback edition of
"IDEAS AND BELIEFS OF THE VICTORIANS"
First published 1966 by E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
All rights reserved. Printed in the U.S.A.

Reprinted by special arrangement with the British
Broadcasting Corporation and the individual contributors.

Published simultaneously in Canada by Clarke,
Irwin and Company Limited, Toronto and Vancouver.

IDEAS AND BELIEFS OF THE VICTORIANS was first published in 1949.