[bksvol-discuss] Errors opening .kes files

  • From: "Satauna Howery" <sthowery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:32:03 -0500

Hello, everyone.  I've just released two volumes of the Story of
Civilization, parts ten and eight.  They were both submitted in .kes format
by Kenneth Cross.  I can't open either file.  Kurzweil tells me an error has
occurred and the format can't be determined.  Yet both of these books have
been taken from Step 1 multiple times before by other volunteers.  Can
someone else on this list grab them and just see if you can open them? Would
this have anything to do with running Version 10 and maybe the files were
created in version 11 or something? Seems strange to me.  I've tried using
two different machines both with version 10.  Neither machine can open the
files.

Thanks,
Satauna