[bksvol-discuss] Re: Errors in books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:24:52 -0800 (PST)

Jamie,

I've had the urge to do that recently when there were
a few only a misspelled words in the book, but I
thought that would be unpleasant interruptions for
people who listen, and possibly for Braille readers as
well. I did put in the long synopsis that misspellings
were in the book and so I left them alone, gritting my
teeth.

G.Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I have been reading a book that has a lot of errors.
> If I scan it, it's going to look atrocious.
>
>   When you quote a source that has errors, you put
> [sic] after the error to show it was an error in the
> source and not in your quoting.
>
>   Would it be permissible to put [sic] after the
> errors so that readers know it wasn't a poor scan?
>

> Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading - But I survived / Tadeusz
> Sobolewicz
> Sign Language Products for Children including DVDs,
> Flash Cards, Books and More!

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/