[bksvol-discuss] Re: Errors

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 22:50:01 -0400

Hi Chelsea,
Have you tried the Optimization feature of K1000? It can help you get the best possible scan.
I don't try to fix all errors in a book I'm scanning for someone else to proof, unless I'm reading it for my own interest. Then I do fix every error I encounter. For books that I scan that I have no interest in reading, I do quite a few things to fix it up to make the proofreader's job easier. I can give you that list if you like, but I perhaps should warn you that it is somewhat on the lengthy side.
Also, it sounds like you're putting two pages of the book on the scanner at the same time instead of one. That is certainly not a problem, but if that is the case, then you should go into the Settings Recognition menu and set it to two page recognition. Otherwise, you'll have to add the missing pagebreaks, roughly half of them, before you submit the book.
Evan
-----Original Message----- From: Chelsea
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:32 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Errors

Hi everyone!
So, tonight, I have begun scanning one of the books I have received. So far, it’s doing an OK job, but I am definitely seeing some errors. Lots of 11s in place of h and stuff like that. I feel compelled to clean up some of them, especially ones that I know I can fix. Can I do this, or do I have to leave it the way that is, even if it’s pretty bad?
Also, right now, my scanner is saving the file as a KES document. When I have finished scanning the book, and save it as an RTF for book share, will it put in the page breaks, or do I have to do that manually? The reason I ask is because my scanner identifies the page breaks, but only for each newly scanned page. In other words, there are actually two print pages on one scanned page if that makes sense.
Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my iPhone To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.