[bksvol-discuss] Re: Epsons, again.

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:41:31 -0500

My 1660 has survived now a year and a half of almost constant daily abuse
from me, smile.  and is indeed still going strong.  So I say why worry if it
gets discontinued.

heck we were looking for a new printer for me.  My HP 840C its paper sensor
is going, is very picky and won't print unless there are ten or more pages
in the tray, which is odd, but hey it is over 4 years old.  Anyway, I got
specks on a printer from our Tech guys here in Erie, and went to purchase
said printer, and found out very quickly that it was discontinued.

We are now looking at cheaper and less robust models, as the newer ones have
things that I am not going to be using not in the foreseeable future anyway,
smile.  Wirless technology is great but not when your PC isn't.

Besides the newer models have more bells and whistles, but what about
quality.  smile.

It seems that the main motivation is scanning photos, and printing photos
smile.

By they by, does anyone have a good printer recommendation.  We were looking
at the HP 3845 I believe it is called, at Office Max.

We are going to go up next week, it is a late Christmas [present for me,
which is really nice, smile.  But looking in Epson and HP lines.

I want one that can print, labels, envelops, overheads without fighting me,
and will print different paper sizes and thicknesses.  That is it.  I like
color but it definitely doesn't have to be photo quality.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com