[bksvol-discuss] Epson 3170 for sale

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:21:04 -0700

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have an Epson 3170 that was clicking a little at the end of some scans which I found was caused by my pushing down hard on a book to get it to read in the crease. I took it to an Epson repair place and they said the glass was dipping a little when I put too much pressure on it. My Visa extended repair policy didn't cover that so I picked it up in a few days and brought it home. In the meantime I have ordered an Epson 4490 which I am getting Tuesday. Since I brought the 3170 back I have scanned two books without a problem. I think maybe the repair guy might have corrected it some while he had it apart. Anyway it's about one and a half years old and I would sell it for $50 or trade for something like a police scanner or a good portable radio or whatever. If I hadn't already ordered the 4490 I probably would have just kept this 3170, but I don't need two scanners. If anybody is interested I can send it to you and if you don't like it you can send it back If you have any questions please contact me. I'm listed in the phone directory so I guess it doesn't hurt to give out my number 310-456-6886
.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California