[bksvol-discuss] Em Dash Problem Definitely The Pac Mate

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:08:13 -0700

Well, instead of transfering my little rtf file containing the em dashes with
Active Sync, I put it on a floppy disk, and hooked the drive up to the Pac
Mate.  When I pulled up the file, the em dashes looked like dashes.  I hit
'enter' a couple of times and saved the file, then hooked up the drive to my PC
and brought the little file up in WordPad.  Sure enough, the em dashes were now
dashes.  So I think the problem has been definitely located to the Pac Mate.
How to solve it is a complete mystery to me.  I have one thing I will try and
see what happens.  I will keep you posted.