[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ellipses--and Lissi's short lines

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:30:20 -0700 (PDT)

I've been taking out the spaces before and after the
ellipses, a well as the ones between them. Maybe I've
been confusing that with the em dash.

I'd like an official answer as to what we should do,
or if it doesn't matter. If it doesn't matter, and
most of you prefer, like E, to read them with spaces
before and after, then I'll do it that way. Does it
make a difference or you're using Braille or
listening?

I was surprised to read someone's post that it doesn't
matter whether or not we make lines longer. I've used
various margins depending on the font size and the
page length. I've usually beena ble to change the
margins easily, using Microsoft Word, albeit it for
the Mac, by  going the Document in the Format file and
changing the margin size.

Of all the books I've validated over the years, I
think there were only two that I wasn't able to change
the margins that way for. In those two cases I think I
copied them onto fresh Word documents and then wsa
able to change the margins.

If changing the margins doesn't carry over onto the
book once it's in the collection, what happens to page
lengths that didn't come out right?

Cindy