[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ellipses

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:17:46 -0700

 Thank you since that's what I did.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mayrie ReNae
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:05 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Ellipses

  Hi Jill,

  The braille transcription manual that I have says that an elipsis should be
spaced as if it were a word.  That means that when it is between words, spaces
should surround it.  And when punctuation appears on either side of the
elipsis, the punctuation should not be separated from the elipsis by a space,
just as with any word and punctuation mark. So, if we want braille readers to
be reading properly represented braille, we should space or not accordingly
around the elipsis.

  Mayrie