[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ellipses

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:39:02 -0700

I don't understand why Braille displays would be programmed to display the ellipses properly if the three periods are without spaces, unless the people programming them didn't know what they were doing. If it is this confusing, then just put them in without spaces. Who's gonna argue with you, and they will come out in Braille correctly. If it were cut and dried, then I would say put in what you are supposed to, but reading this list so far, this whole discussion reminds me of nothing so much as a quagmire.

I wouldn't worry about warning people about em dashes and ellipses. Well, I was gonna say that they are all grownups, but I guess I can't. Hmmm. I'll let someone else give you feedback on that one, as I can't seem able to make up my mind about it. <grin>