[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ellipses

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure it solves the problems, because the tree
dots with spaces in between, while correct for print,
may be annoying for Bralle or sound--or for e-texts.
If I remember correctly, and I'm sure Tony will
correct me if I'm nis-remembering  smile-- PG deletes
the spaces between the dots.

So I think we need to know what bookshare prefers.
smile  And I'd like that infor soon, because the book
I'm almost finished with uses ellipses *a lot!* Both
with the period at the end of the sentence (though I
really don't know why, in the context) and without to
indicate an unfinished thought at the end of a phrase.
This book also has *a lot* of em dashes. I wonder if I
should put that info in the synopsis to warn people.
It's a wonderful book and when I post that I'm
uploading it I will heartily recommend it--I know we
can't do that in synopses--but maybe if ellipses and
em dashes are annoying to readers they should be
warned that the book has a lot of them.

--- Amy Goldring Tajalli