[bksvol-discuss] Re: Elligible Books

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:32:37 -0700

In truth, I don't chop, I slice. I use a straightedge and an exacto knife. Depending on page thickness. I get 10 to 15 pages at a time. I didn't want to do it at first, so I started with books that were already falling apart. Once I saw a great improvement in scan quality, I felt better about doing newer books. But, I still can't bring myself to cut up a hardcover book.

Misha

Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:
Really! That word chop when applied to books kind of makes me cringe.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end. " Leon Trotsky The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com <http://wwww.themilitant.com>Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Elligible Books Date: 9/10/2009 10:10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time From: garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx Reply-to: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent from the Internet (Details) table end

Why do you have to chop?