[bksvol-discuss] Elipsis comment

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:36:13 -0500

Dear Booksharian Friends,

When Windows XP shuts down and the screen says, "Windows is shutting down..." the dots in the ellipsis don't have spaces between them. The spaces are a matter of font and visual style. Unless the Bookshare braille translator is updated, it won't create a braille ellipsis, a series of three dot threes unless the ellipsis is created in Bookshare files without spaces. If we're going to put in two dashes to create an m dash for the braille translator then for braille readers to see an ellipsis, we should put three periods minus spaces so readers will see the actual ellipsis. The book I'm reading now, from a Bookshare file is called something like, Christmas Cookie Murder, has flawless text, but the ellipses are groups of randomly spaced braille period signs. None of them appear in the correct braille code.

It goes without saying that I make sure the ellipses in the books I validate are made with three periods and no spaces.

Always with love,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>