[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing without Word

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:22:13 -0700

Dear Evan,

Please excuse what may sound like dumb questions.

I noticed that you mentioned not using Word much to edit.  Do you edit with
Kurtzweil?  We use Openbook, not Kurtzweil.  Do you know if it is possible to
edit .rft files in OpenBook?  If so, do I simply open the .rft file while in
Openbook?  Do I retain the important codes if I do that?

As I have mentioned on this list before, I am far more comfortable editing with
Open Book rather than Word, so thus far as validators, both Mike and I have
been editing .ark files.  We hope that when we switch to editing .rft files
that we can use Open Book as the editor, so any comments from you or other list
members about how to do this successfully would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cat Lover Lori