[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing books with Braille Note.

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 04:23:05 -0500

Definitely on topic, and thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "MissWings" <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:44 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Editing books with Braille Note.

Hi Shelley.

I just started this process, so I may not know what I'm doing yet, but is it okay to still work directly with the rtf file itself? I've been doing that simply because I'm used to working with rtf files in Word, and the couple of books that I've edited this way have been accepted, so as far as I know everything's been okay with them. I haven't done anything with the export and translation features, but doesn't it make sense that working with the RTF file itself saves you a step in having to translate the Keyword file back into text? Just curious. And hopefully this is on topic?

MissWings

At 04:36 PM 5/21/2008, Shelley Rhodes wrote:

Hey Amber and others.

I found that the truncation problem is vastly changed if you edit the book
as a keyword text file and then put it back, "export" it to rtf.

If this is messing up files haven't heard, have done over five hundred books
this way, smile.

But I keep the .rtf file on my flash drive, open the file, edit it.

When I exit, it says "file has been modified save as Keyword document. Say
yes, edit that file until I am ready to return it.

Then go to File manager, translation menu and export file and then put the
.rtf file back up for submission.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

"Courage is not being without fear,
but courage is to go forward in spite of
fear."