[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing books

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:05:04 -0500

Unfortunately, Lisa, the only way to fix a book that's marked fair is to read
it and fix it as you go along. The one I'm doing now has parts of sentences all
over the
place. I have the option of rescanning  pages or typing in the missing line or
cutting and saving to another Word document lines that don't seem to belong,
and
then pasting them if when I find where they do belong -- which is the option
I'm using. I've also found, so far, 4 pages missing (2 in two different
places), whichn
I've scanned and validated and inserted.  But I'm sighted and retired, with no
family obligations but an understanding husband, so I have time to do all that.
My advice to you is to release the book and let someone else do it. Check the
quality rating and select one that's Excellent to validate. According to
Shelley and
some of the others, they've submitted ones that should be easy validations.

From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:15:06 -0500
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Editing books

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a new volunteer.  I've noticed that many of the
books that I download for validation seem to be of fair quality.  i would like
to edit them
to improve this.  Does anyone have any tips on doing this? It seems a bit
time-consuming to read the entire book to check for errors.  Any suggestions?