[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing a book that's being scanned

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:30:17 -0800

I do not know any way to add page breaks in wordpad and even if the file already has them, there is no way to tell where they are so you can easily delete them without knowing it.

I tried jarte a couple years ago, and had problems with page breaks similar to wordpad. However I just downloaded the latest version and here is what I found.

1) you can add page breaks using ctrl-enter just as in MS Word and most other programs.

2) for sighted users, it does show the location of page breaks so you can't accidentally delete them.

3) jarte has a screen reader friendly mode that is used only if it recognizes your screen reader. I do not use a screen reader so I do not know whether jarte tells you where page breaks are in this mode.

Misha
On 1/15/2016 6:20 PM, Tony Sohl wrote:

Hi my wife and I are scanning books for bookshare and we use a program called Jart which is similar to Wordpad and it saves in RTF format. We were wondering with either JART or Wordpad, can you insert page breaks and if so how is this done?
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.