[bksvol-discuss] Echoing E(lizabeth)

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:19:16 -0500

>I am
> so glad I know all you bookshare folks.

Me, too. I've learned so much from all of you (including not to make
assumptions about things based on
my experience -- grin). And I've been introduced to authors and books I'd never
have discovered on my own.

Speaking of which -- a long time ago someone requested books by Viggo
Mortenson. I haven't checked, so
I don't know if any are in the collection yet. None of my library systems have
any, but there are some listed
on Amazon. (Hubby and I just watched a very good movie called Hidalgo with him
in it, which is what
reminded me -- sort of a Seabiscuit story. Unfortunately, either the audio
wasn't very good or he mumbled
too much (Viggo, not the horse), but it was based on a true story and a real
man. Another plus, for those of
you old enough to remember, is that it had Omar Sharif, whom I haven't seen in
anything in years and who
did his usual excellent job. (Briefly, the movie is about endurance horse
racing, which I'd never heard of,
and an American mustang who raced against Arabian purebreds in a 3,000-mile
across-the desert).