[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ebook Ring of sites

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:03:32 -0500

In my case, any time I submit a txt file now-a-days it is because it is an old scan that I have finally gotten around to submitting.
Previously, when I scanned, I used to save as txt as it was always easier to send to my Road Runner, or Book Port.
Now, while it is still easier to send it as a txt file to my Book Port , I have been saving first as RTF for Bookshare's sake.
Before someone points out that the Book Port now accepts RTF files, I should mention that I'm using a very old copy of the beta transfer software so I can transfer to my card reader rather than directly to my Book Port via the usb cable.

Dave

At 11:09 AM 1/24/2005, you wrote:
Can someone who submits as .txt please explain to me what is so much easier for you about using this file format instead of the .rtf format which, incidentally, is just that "rich text format" and which is so much more useful to bookshare officially than .txt. Since any scanning program I know of lets people save in a variety of formats why go with .txt when you scan? Just curious.