[bksvol-discuss] Ebay wasEpson Scanners

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:44:20 -0400

Jackie, and others

EBay can work for even the cautious of heart among us.  I very rarely if
ever pay through pay pal for purchases on EBay, and I have gotten a lot of
the books that I have put up on bookshare off of EBay.  Most sellers are
quite willing to do cashier's checks, or money orders, or even a personal
check.  You are bound by a legal contract, and EBay the company will follow
any claims of fraud or unfair business practices.  There is a rating system
to rate both sellers and buyers, so that you can tell who is good and who
isn't.  And for the most part the site is quite accessible at least with
Jaws it is.  If you have questions about a product, you can ask the seller,
and you are notified by email if you have won the auction or were outbid.

Worth exploring.  Course I have never bought anything really expensive,
mostly books off of the site.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council