[bksvol-discuss] Re: Earthworks and Jarte

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:19:16 -0700

I am sighted (sort of), so I am not using a screen reader. I did change to what Jarte calls classic mode (menus at the top of the window instead of tiny little icons that I couldn't understand). The spelling checker does have a different interface than Word, it is not a dialog box. It is an area of the same window as the main text. At a guess (and probably a wild guess), you would have to tab around to get to that area in the window, then use arrow keys to sellect the change, change all, ignore, ignore all or whatever function.

Misha

Tracy Carcione wrote:
I tried Jarte, but I was unable to get the spellcheck to work.  I'm using
Jaws.
What are you using, Mike?  Did you do anything special to get spellcheck?
Tracy

I have picked up the book to proofread it. From just first glance, it
looks
pretty good. It doesn't look like it should take very long to do. I will
see
if I like it as well as you did.

-- Doug