[bksvol-discuss] Duplicate submissions bring me down

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

Duplicate submissions bring me down, way way down.  I just spent several
hours working on "Small Favor:  A Harry Dresden Novel".  I finally
finished it and uploaded it, only to see that it had been added to the new
releases sometime in the last day or two.  I didn't see a dup when I got
it, and it wasn't in the collection, so I went ahead and validated it.
Now I feel like I totally wasted my time.  I hope whoever validated the
other copy did a good job and didn't just bang it out in 10 minutes.  That
would be adding insult to injury.
I wish there was a foolproof way of preventing duplicate submissions, and
that submitters would be more careful.  Makes me wonder why I bother at
all.
Tracy