[bksvol-discuss] Re: Duplicate downloads

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:25:22 -0400

I just wrote Pavi about the double download on step 1 situation.

Some submitters try to submit a better copy of a book they have already submitted, not realizing that the submitter needs to remove the earlier inferior copy. Of course, if the earlier inferior copy is already being validated and the submitter does not check, two copies exist with one on step 1 and one being validated.

I have written submitters asking for duplicate books to be removed. Some submitters think it is bookshare's "job" to do that. Others wish bookshare gave better instructions about re-submits.

Perhaps a note at the top of step 1 warning submitters to check "books in progress" and "books being validated" may be in order for the time being.

Some submitters, particularly new ones, may find all this checking difficult or annoying.

We validators will continue to be on the look out for such duplicates on step 1.

Later, engineering may find a way of automating the process and warning the submitter that his or her book already exists in the system.

The more bookshare grows, the better tools we all need so we can do our parts better as people.

E.

At 04:57 PM 9/23/2008, you wrote:
If a submitter thought his book had not been accepted and went through the procedure again, wouldn't two copies appear on step 1?