[bksvol-discuss] Re: Drink to me only...

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:58:39 -0800 (PST)

Bob,

I think you are a little older than I;in fact, if I
remember correctly quite a few years old, which may be
why I'd never heard of The Blue Skirts Waltz.

However, I googled and found the music at this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/music3/gloterry/blueskrt.mid.
It's delightful and I'm sorry I never had the chance
to waltz to it. I'm sitting here swaying in my chair
as I listen and write this. smile

I also found the lyrics, in case you need a reminder.
The words below are listed in many places, but at one
someone posted a correction. However, all the other
sites seem to have these lyrics:

Blue Skirt Waltz
(Mitchell Parish & Vaclav Blaha)

 I wandered alone one night
 'til I heard an orchestra play
 I met you where lights were bright
 and people were carefree & gay.
 You were the beautiful lady in blue,
 I was in heaven just waltzing with you.
 You filled me with strange delight
 then softly you stole away.

 I dream of that night with you,
 lady when first we met.
 We danced in a world of blue
 how can my heart forget.
 Blue were the skies and blue were your eyes
 just like the blue skirt you wore.
 Come back, blue lady come back.
 Don't be blue anymore.

As done by Lawrence Duchow & his Red Raven Orchestra.
Vocal by Leo Rohan

The person who posted a correction posted this:

Blue Skirt Waltz Lyrics
Artist(Band):Hank Thompson
Review The Song (1)     Print the Lyrics

 Send "Blue Skirt Waltz" Ringtones to Cell

BLUE SKIRT WALTZ
Writers Mitchell Parish, Vaclav Blaha, R.S. Dvorsky

I wandered alone one night, till I heard and orchestra
play I met you where lights were bright, and people
were care-free and gay You were the beautiful lady in
blue, I was in heaven just waltzing with you You
thrilled me with strange delight, then softly you
stole away Chorus: I dream of that night with you,
Lady when first we met We danced in a world of blue,
How can my heart forget Blue were the skies, and blue
were your eyes, just like the blue skirt you wore Come
back blue lady, come back, Don't be blue any more

 Send "Blue Skirt Waltz" Ringtones to Cell

If you find some error in Blue Skirt Waltz Lyrics,
would you please submit your corrections to me? Thank
You.

Review about Blue Skirt Waltz
CORRECTED LYRICS blue skirt waltz | Reviewer: carol |
9/8/2007

I was waltzing with someone new, I heard an accordian
play...I saw through a haze of blue, like it was
yesterday...You were the beautiful lady in blue, I was
in Heaven just waltzing with you...(etc. like you have
it written. I waltzed to this in 1954 and sang it to
my dancing partner.)

For your enjoyment. Grab your wife, find the midi, and
have a dance. There are other waltzes and also links
to  pages with polkas at this URL.

Cindy