[bksvol-discuss] Re: Download Stats

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:43:02 -0500

Hey Cindy,
    Credits are only applied to an account after the title goes live on
BookShare, not when the user submits or validates something. Therefore I
would have to say that a rejection would not count.
    As for not submitting if you scan for your use only, while this would
undoubtedly improve the collection quality wise, we must not lose site of
the original goal behind BookShare. BookShare was originally set up for
people to share scans of books they had scanned for themselves. I believe on
the website somewhere it even says, if you can use it chances are someone
else can too.
    Now having said that, I personally work to make my scans the best they
can be. In fact while waiting for Nelson Demille's Night Fall to become live
on BookShare I simply started scanning it for myself because I wanted to
read it. Its nice once in a while not to correct OCR errors and just read it
for myself.
    You can be assured that I pay patticular attention to my submissions and
validations, but I won't hold my standards to someone else.

Jake