[bksvol-discuss] Donating Credits

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 23:59:32 +0000

Hello hello,

I wanted to clarify our credit donation policy as I think there might be some
confusion. We donate credits to those who are unable to afford membership
renewal fees and/or to those who cannot afford the initial membership fees.
Generally, this is a donation of $50 or $75 respectively, but if the member is
also a volunteer, we will include any credits they have acquired and donate the
credits needed to make up the difference. In other words, we do not allow
people to randomly give each other credits, but only donate credits to those
who actually really need them.

If you would like to donate your credits to those in need, please email me
directly at the address below and I'll add your name to our list of donors.

There are many reasons why someone might be unable to afford membership and we
are always sympathetic. If anyone is ever in this position, please email me
directly and I'll make sure that you get the credits you need, rather than go
through the discussion lists, as I occasionally miss emails. We want everyone
to have easy access to books, regardless of finances!

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative