[bksvol-discuss] Does anyone want to proofread?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:05:38 -0800

Hi Everyone!

I have had two books sitting on my computer for a while now that I guess
I've just not been in the mood to read, but would like to submit to
bookshare.

I am looking for proofreaders for the following two books who are willing to
read the books completely, so that they can be the best that they can be.

I've done everything on the checklist for proofreading in the scanning and
proofreading manual except these things:
Insert asterisks to denote white space
Run a spell check
And
Read the book finding all errors that a spell check won't.

I'll paste the book information below, in case anyone finds these kinds of
books interesting.  One is a young adult book, and the other a mystery.

If you're interested in proofreading either of these, please contact me at
mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx
And I'll put a hold on the book for you.

I really appreciate proofreaders willing to read books through.

Thanks for any help anyone is interested in giving. See below for the book
information.

Mayrie

How My Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller

Author: Julia Devillers
Publisher: Puffin
Book Type: Paperback

ISBN-13: 9780142403327 - ISBN-10: 0142403326

Publication Date: 10/6/2005
Pages: 224

Reading Level: Ages 9-12

Book Description:
Formerly ordinary fourteen-year-old Jamie Bartlett isn't so ordinary
anymore. Ever since she wrote a story about Isabella (aka IS), the
stereotype-defying, popular-girl-crushing super teen, Jamie's life hasn't
been the same. Suddenly she's doing interviews and book signings, flying to
L.A. to hang out with celebrities, and dating Marco Vega, the hottest guy in
school! But will all of this attention go to Jamie's head? Or will she take
a lesson from IS and remember that there's more to life than popularity?

----

FACE VALUE
Author: Lia Matera
Book Information
Publisher: Simon Schuster
Book Type: Hardcover

ISBN-13: 9780671741976 - ISBN-10: 0671741977

Publication Date: 2/16/1994

Pages: 224

Synopsis
Hailed by critics for her brains, determination, and guts, San Francisco Bay
Area lawyer and champion of not-yet-lost causes, Laura Di Palma, is
back--and gutsier than ever. Laura's history of high-profile pro bono cases
not only put her in the headlines but also recently cost her the position
she had at a conservative law firm. Now, in Face Value, she is going it
alone in private practice.
Free from bureaucratic constraints at last, Laura takes on the most
controversial--and dangerous--case of her career. When a distraught and
disillusioned former devotee of northern California guru Brother Mike levels
startling charges against him, a reluctant Laura eventually agrees to take
the case. According to her new client, the spiritual leader was actually
leading his unsuspecting flock into a terrible deceit, going so far as to
tamper with videotapes of his followers, which he then distributed as
commercial pornography.
Before Laura can even properly set up shop, her investigation sweeps her
from the busy city streets of San Francisco to places beyond her wildest
imaginings, where she meets a cast of mysterious people--all oddly
influenced by Brother Mike. She begins at a striptease bar where, searching
for clues, she instead finds herself face to face with seven murder victims.
Her next stop is the guru's very own, very remote, but not-so-private
island, where she witnesses scenes almost as shocking as the mass murder
itself.

(continued on back flap)

(continued from front flap)

Back home she is "welcomed" by a series of deadly threats from someone eager
to see her drop the investigation. But Laura has come too far to turn back
now. With the help of private detective Sandy Arklett, her former colleague
and close personal friend, Laura stays on course until she finds herself
directly in the killer's line of fire and learns the final truth of this
case: Nothing and no one can be taken at face value.
Edgar Allan Poe Award nominee Lia Matera has pulled out all the stops in
Face Value, her most dramatic and masterfully written novel yet.