[bksvol-discuss] Re: Does anyone have any advice?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 19:43:18 -0600

Amber, do you know which model of canoscan it is? My husband has a canon canoscan 60 and a canoscan 90, and I can't imagine using either one for scanning books. They have super results on the high resolution color scans of images, but are really slow in that mode. I'd also love to know what others have experienced with these scanners for scanning books, and the settings to use that make the best OCR results.

Judy s.

Amber Wallenstein wrote:
I was gifted with a cano scanner... I think it's by canon. It's powered through the USB cable, and doesn't have an outside power source. Does anyone have any advice scanning with kurzweil with it? If I use repeated scanning, at 400 DPI, it lags, a lot. In fact, I find it lagging a lot most of the time. When I lower it to 300 DPI, I don't get good scans.
Any thoughts on this?
Amber
Book blog:
I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>