[bksvol-discuss] Doeas background matter?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:28:39 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

To be safe, before I upload one of the darkest, misery filled mysteries I've ever read, a British one that is touted to be funny and capable of shocking the unshockable, I have a question.3 sections of text in the cover information have white print on black background. After Exploring the menus, and experimenting, I haven't been able to tell Microsoft Word 2003 with Jaws how to convert these sections to match the rest of the book. It sounds fine, so does it matter? Do you think the tools wwill be confused?

My hunch is that the answer to this question is no, and that I can upload the RTF file as it is, a superior scan carefully validated, but I'd rather ask than risk snagging this book on a technicality.

In case you are interested in reading it, The book is The Dying of the Light by Michael Dibdin, author of the Aurelio Zen mysteries. It's cleverly conceived and written so you may feel as if you were seeing it as a play. It's only 150 pages long. The first half creeped me out and then I thought I deserved to kick myself for being amused by the last half. The plot twists are definitely inventive in this bizarre, take on a British country mansion who done it. Be warned, it isn't cozy!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Always with love,

Lissi