[bksvol-discuss] Diverse selection of free books for scanners

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 16:27:25 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Scanners, please consider scanning one or more of the following books. I'll mail them to you for free to scan and keep or pass along. You can designate a hold for anyone or put them up all proofreaders to check out. First come, first given. I never check on your progress nor do I tell anyone who received which books. I'll be so grateful to anyone who will help grow the collection and give me a little wiggle room in my way overstocked . Thank you so much!.

Oh, and when you request books, please send me your complete address.

1. New Mexico Sunrise by Tracie Peterson, Oversized paperback with some tanning around the edges of the pages, 470 pages, Christian romance

2. A gathering of Memories by Lori Wick, oversized paperback, perfect condition, easy scan, 250 pages, Christian Romance,

3. Rock'n'Roll Babes from Outer Space by Linda Faivin, Aliens mating with humans? It's Time! Hardcover, 228 pages, humorous, unusual SF novel

4. A Trout in the Milk by Roy Lewis, hardcover, 202 pages, squabble over land in England gets ugly.

5. Hound of the Sea, The Story of a Racing Yacht by Leonard Wibberly , oversized paperback, 152 pages, nonfiction, easy scan

6. Christ The Answer by Father Peter Sullivan, oversized paperback, 259 pages, easy scan except for the bibliography at the end which can be skipped. Exploration of the divinity of Christ.

7. Kat's Surrender, by Theresa Martin Golding, slick, oversized paperback, 179 pages, very easy scan, wide margins, teen's life after suffering tragedy.

8. Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist, oversized paperback, 332 pages, easy scan, wide margins, Set in Texas, Romance, will an independent, high spirited girl find lovee?

9. The Hellenistic World by E. W. Walbank, oversized paperback, about 275 pages, you can skip the end matter, Three hundred years of Greek Empire history after Alexander the Great, nonfiction, Bookshare has another book by the same title by a different author. This book is great for students doing research.

10. Jack the Ripper, The Complete Casebook, Donald Rumblelow, Large hardcover, some yellowing around the edges of the pages, 285 pages, Authoritative reference of the competing claims, nonfiction, another great book if you have an interest or for student use.

11. A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham, by the author of the shopaholic series written under a different name, 296 pages, A british couple with two mortages, too many bills and a teen daughter meet someone who seems able to solve their problems but new problems develop, probably light hearted, modern fiction. Brand new book, a fun choice.

12. Dandelions Help by Eve McBride, new oversized paperback, 156 pages, insightful, humorous, poignant columns of a Canadian journalist through the eighties and nineties.

13. Stranger in my Bed by Beverly Slater, Hardback, 241 pages, Story of a brave woman's struggle to rebuild her life after amnesia.

14. Sound Evidence by June Thomson, Hardcover, 175 pages, easy scan, British detective novel

15. Vengence Follows by Scott Lax, brand new hardcover, great scan, about 250 pages, Man seeks vengance upon the guy he holds responsible for his wife's death.

16. How to Talk Jewish by Jackie Mason, oversized paperback, 137 pages, new paperback, essays on Jewish words like Klutz about 1 to 4 pages long. The author has won the Tony award for theater. Nonfiction. Should be a really fun read.

17. Forever...Again, by Maureen Child, mass market paperback, new, 248 pages, I think Bookshare has over a hundred books by this author but not this one. Grieving man who belives you don't get a second chance at love rethinks this when a fiesty, blonde city girl comes to town.

18. The last War by Martyn Godfrey, Mass market, 89 pages, extremely good scan, dark print on bright, white paper, girl teaches a last survivor what it means to be a survivor.

19. Blues Along the River, by Sandra Robbins, mass market, 171 pages, couple have disagreements after marriage.

20. Thomas Merton, Monk, by A Monastic Tribute, Edited by Brother Patrick Hart, make sure this isn't in the collection, mass market, 223 pages, end mater may be skipped, A good resource book.

21. Summer Heat by Janet-Quin-Harkin, mass market, about 185 pages, yellowing around page edges, A guy riding through high school senior Laurie Beth's town turns her life upside down.

22. Sweet Adelaide by Julian Symons, mass market, 386 pages, deep yellowing around page edges, Adelaide craved freedom from poverty and slid toward murder.

23. Redwork by Michael Bedard, mass market, 217 pages, I think this is a horror story may actually be about the devil.

24. Blood Country by Curt Selby, ass market, 176 pages, long pages because the print is small, scary story, no one is going to get of the mountain town called blood to tell about its horrors. Do you dare read this? I won't.

25. The Power by Jesse Harris, mass market, 173 pages, more scarriness, paranormal experiments.

26. Charmed by Catherine Hart, Mass market 408 pages, in 1813, a Shawnee buries an amulet with unusual powers. In 1996 a teacher finds it and a naked man appears. Passionate romance to follow. May involve time travel.

27. October Heat by Gordon DeMarco, Mass Market, 250 pages, may be historical fiction or nonfiction about San Fransisco in 1934Between a tumultuous longshore strike and a very controversial election, fast paced page turner illuminated by historic characters in California history.

28. Marie-Claire Blias Nights in the Underground, mass market, 198 pages, French Canadian woman cover shows her self portrait done in 1933.

29. Dying to Know by Jeff Hammer, mass market, 171 pages, Three evil friends hold the school in their grip.

30. Dmitri by Jamey Cohen, mass market, 242 pages, yellowing on page edges, May 10th iin the sixteenth century 9 year old Dmitri Ivanovich son of Ivan the Terrible and heir to the Russian throne has a week to live unless he can find a way to escape an assassin's blade. In 20th ceentury America a college senior is doing an experiment that results in time having no meaning and terror for him. Action, adventure!

30. Bones of Coral by James W Hall, mass market, about 400 pages, no yellowing, a suspense story about a paramedic responding to a suicide call to discover the body is his father. Set in Florida.

31. The Maelstrom's Eye by Roger E. Moore, mass market, about 314 pages, some edgge yellowing, The Cloakmaster Cycle, Three, fantasy about elves and the second unhuman war.

32. Brain Trust by Christopher Golden and Rick Hautala, mass market, 241 Pages followed by the first chapter of another Golden book. Very graphic medical language used in this book. Bkshare has another book called Brain Trust but I think not this one.

Several scanners who have been adding to Bookshare's collection for years often pitch in to help me get books I've acquired added and I'm so grateful to them. I hope if any new volunteers see this they'll feel comfortable to request a book and join this effort. This has taken me several hours to prepare because I read print slowly and with many false starts but I hate to donate these books to the library knowing Bookshare doesn't have them yet.

Hope to have many responses.

Airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Always with love,

Lissi

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.