[bksvol-discuss] Re: Disappearing books

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:15:21 -0800

Hello. I assure you, volunteers, that I do either read all the books I take or release them in a reasonable time period. One of those that the system released for me I just left there, I didn't take it a second time. I only take books that interest me. I've already uploaded two of them, but I'm not sure where they are in the system. If Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie shows up, I already validated it once. Also, I'm interested in the validation credits. My goal is to validate 100 books in the year of my subscription so I get a free renewal. The Hardy Boys books are short and don't take more than a day, thanks especially to Jake and the high quality scans. The Agatha Christie novels are generally very long and require more work.

At 12:27 PM 1/5/2005 -0600, you wrote:

That is a lot of books to hold for a long time from the download page.
Maybe someone else would like to validate them.  He could read them later
since you get to keep the copies you validate.  I never heard of anyone
taking that many from Step 1, but then I haven't been a vol for very long.