[bksvol-discuss] Re: Disabling columns and the FineReader Engine

  • From: "Katie Hill" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:29:31 -0700

HI Donna and all,

Over the last month or so I have found, like you, Finereader over all does
the best job. At times when it doesn't, I will re-recognize with Scansoft in
Kurzweil and correct the page. I have gone to leaving columns off which
helps. IT does take time and there is a learning curve but taking the time
to play with settings and understanding your software and especially your
scanner can make a big difference. I also keep images which allows me to
re-recognize when I come across a page that is not perfect.

To find poorly recognized pages in Kurzweil you can find in the tools menu.

Defend your choice to alternative medicine and food supliments.
www.healthfreedomrights.com
Katie Hill
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx