[bksvol-discuss] Re: Disabling columns and the FineReader Engine

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:28:24 -0400

In addition to what Donna has mentioned, I would also look at the scansoft
engine included with the K1K.  The latest version appears to be quite accurate
as well.  Both engines have their strengths and weaknesses.  The major reason
why I do not like to use the Scansoft engine so much is because the Scansoft
engine does not do a great job of include proper line gaps all the time.  It
does not, for example, do a good enough job of keeping blank lines between
paragraphs or between headings and paragraphs.

Pratik