[bksvol-discuss] Did I lose the page breaks?

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:14:10 -0400

Hi folks,

I've just downloaded an Openbook .ark file from the step 1 page. I used OB to convert the file to .txt, then opened it in MS Word, and immediately saved to .rtf.

The only thing I notice about this .rtf file that is different from the rtf files I validated before was that when I would go from page to page, I would hear "page break" read by the screen reader. Now, when I arrow from page to page, I don't hear "page break". I can still jump to the bottom of the file, and I'm told I'm on page 327, which sounds to me like the page breaks have been preserved. Am I correct? Or has the extra step of going from .ark to .txt to .rtf been a negative move?

Scott