[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dictionary on Astronomy

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:17 -0600

Shelley, those pronunciation guides often contain symbols that aren't going
to scan right no matter what you do. For example, I've never seen a schwa
recognized by OCR. These pronunciations could probably be considered
supplementary--they're useful but not absolutely necessary to grasp the
concepts. I would mark it good, then explain about the pronunciation guides
in the long synopsis field. That way anyone who looks at this will realize
that this feature isn't available. At least the dictionary could still be
used to find spellings, not to mention definitions.
Kellie