[bksvol-discuss] Re: Diary entries and Page numbers

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:05:25 -0400

Hi Valerie (and everyone),

Thanks for your input (and yours too Cindy).  Iâve decided to enter in brackets
the person writing since I realized after writing my question that one diary
entry is written alternating between two different characters (very strange).
So, before each line where there is a character switch I am putting [Mal
writing] blah blah, then [Dawn writing] blah blah.  Iâm hoping this doesnât
confuse the reader.  The diary entries that are all one character writing are
actually intuitive as to who it is, but Iâm still going to add the name in
brackets.

As for the page numbering, I think Iâm going to move them all to be consistent.
 Iâm a tiny bit OCD and it will probably drive me nuts if I donât! Ha Ha.

Iâve been a volunteer off and on for probably over a year and I feel guilty for
having such basic questions, but I figure better to ask than get it wrong!

Thank you all for your input and your patience.  This forum is invaluable for
those of us that have a lot to learn.  In my case, Iâm not a member and I am
sighted, so certain things donât occur to me as a proofer that may seem obvious
to others (i.e. the way readers recognize or donât recognize certain things).

Denise