[bksvol-discuss] Re: Device Error

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:56:57 -0500

Hi Roger!

I'm not sure. Have you tried reseating the data connection between the scanner and computer? If it has come a little loose, it might confuse the software.

Debby

At 01:29 PM 8/10/2013, Roger Loran Bailey wrote
#
I am using Open Book 9 on a Windows 7 computer with an HP all in one printer scanner. Yesterday I was just finishing up some scanning when the process of my last page scan was interrupted with an error page. It said, "Please note: An error has been encountered. The acquisition process has been canceled because of a device error." It turned out that the page I was trying to scan was a blank page, so I thought that was probably the problem and I just inserted a blank page and since I was about to quit anyway I just shut it down. Today I started scanning again and the first page I scanned went just fine. When I tried scanning the second page, however, the same thing happened. That second page was, I strongly suspected, a blank page too, so I got the idea that there was something about blank pages in this particular book that was causing the acquisition to shut down with that error page. However, I couldn't scan the next page either. I tried turning off my scanner and restarting it and the problem persisted. I tried closing down Open Book and restarting it, but the problem persists. I tried restarting the entire computer, but the problem persists. I started to call Freedom Scientific technical support, but realized that they do not provide technical support on weekends and that I would have to wait until Monday. Right now I am stuck and cannot continue to scan the book I was on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how to fix it?

                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.
Proverbs 15:2 NKJV

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
Job 6:24 NKJV