[bksvol-discuss] Details Regarding my Unofficial WebSite

  • From: "Rui Cabral" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:20:24 -0400

Hi Everyone:
In my haste last night to post the site on the list, i really should have
posted more detail about what i'm trying to accomplish.
The following info comes right off the website.
http://members.cox.net/booksharescans

The Bookshare.org Unofficial Volunteer Scanning Page

**This is a Pilot Project**

This very simple page hopes to serve a simple purpose. To display which
books volunteers are currently scanning or about to scan.
This list will display the books title, author, date added to my list, and
upcoming submitter, (unless person wishes to remain anonymous)
This along with Jesse's periodic lists should close the information gap as
to where a book is or soon will be.

I invite volunteers to E-mail
booksharescans@xxxxxxx with what books they may be scanning or about to
scan.

Note: if you are scanning a book and are within hours of submitting it, this
list is not for you.
This list is for books that volunteers have in hand and plan to scan soon
(within about 30days)
Or for books that Volunteers plan to obtain from the Library for the same
purpose.

If you have any questions, please write to:
booksharescans@xxxxxxx

As stated above, this is a work in progress.
I will be tweaking the site from time to time.

Basically i am conducting an experiment to see if this info is useful or
not.

I wouldn't mind adding a wishlist to my site at some point, but since
bookshare.org already has one, I may be stepping on some toes.

That's why I call it the (Unofficial) Volunteer Scanning page

If anyone has suggestions, please email them offline to:
booksharescans@xxxxxxx
I do not want to clutter up the list with those items.

Thanks.