[bksvol-discuss] "Definitive" Biography of Oscar Wilde

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Bksvol-discuss)
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:38:57 +0000

Cindy,

I am looking for the [a] definitive biography of Oscar Wilde. The most recently published one that I could find was: Richard Ellman's  Oscar Wilde, published 2002;
another, earlier one, also referred to as definitive, was  Barbara Belford's Oscar Wilde: A Certain Genius.  Could you add one or both to the wish list and if anyone knows or can recommend something which is now recognized as the definitive one I would appreciate knowing. I assume Ellman's is the more likely as it has more sources for  his work. There will always be more to learn about any great writer but I will happily settle for one really good biography of Wilde.

Many Thanks,

Amy
--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,