[bksvol-discuss] Death's Dark Abyss - Massimo Carlotto

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:03:38 -0800 (PST)

I just submitted a book that I enjoyed reading. It's
not very long--just over 150 pages.

Massimo Carlotto is an Italian writer who spent years
in jail for a crime he did not commit.

This book is translated from Italian and does contain
some Italian words which I carefully checked as I
scanned the book.

Also the book's author is not the copyright holder.

Here is the description of the book:

During a bungled robbery attempt, Raffaello Beggiato
takes a young woman and her eight-year-old child
hostage. He later murders both in cold blood. Beggiato
is arrested, tried, and sentenced to life. Undone by
his loss, the victims' father and husband, Silvano
Contin, plunges into an ever-deepening abyss until the
day, fifteen years later, when the murderer seeks his
pardon. The wounded Silvano turns predator as he
ruthlessly plots his revenge.

A riveting story of guilt, revenge, and justice,
Massimo Carlotto's Death's Dark Abyss tells the tale
of two men and the savage crime that irreversibly
binds them. Two dramatic stories meet in this stylish,
passionate indictment of a legal system that seems
powerless both to compensate victims and to
rehabilitate perpetrators.

Hopefully someone will enjoy this book.

Jamie in Michigan
Books gone wild.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/referral/jamieyates