[bksvol-discuss] Dear Author..

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:54:56 -0800 (PST)

The online LC copyright office is closed between 5
p.m. (and boy, are they on time with that--I tried at
5:15 and no go) on Saturday and noon on Sunday. (They
aren't so on-time with that, at least they weren't
last  Sunday. I tried at 2 p.m. and they were still
offline).

However, I checked on amazon.com. Although one can't
"see into" the book, the author was listed as Weekly
Reader's Read Magazine (Compiler) ("by Weekly Reader's
Read Magazine (Compiler)").

There are two Dear Author books, so I'd put the full
title, Dear Author: Students Write About the Books
That Changed Their Lives. That's the way the title is
on amazon. The other book, to be published in March of
2007 but it can be pre-ordered, is  Dear Author:
Letters of Hope Top Young Adult Authors Respond to
Kids' Toughest Issues. The author of that is listed as
Joan Kaywell.

I can't believe they'll keep that whole
title--probably it will be colon Letters of Hope, but
who knows.

If I remember, I'll check the LC online copyright
office tomorrow to see what it lists as author. I read
the reader reviews and it sounds like a wonderful and
inspiring book.

Cindy