[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dealing with Sidebars

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:28:33 -0700

I think this issue of sidebars is very troubling. I recently scanned two books which I hoped to submit to Bookshare, but both of them had extensive sidebars which came out randomly on the pages. I even rescanned one of the books "The Bible as Literature", but the sidebars are still somewhat random and I am even less enthusiastic about reading the book for my own information. If anyone has the tips on scanning sidebars I would appreciate them.

It seems like some of these things that are visually useful still confuse scanners.

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>