[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dealing With Chronic Problem Submitters (was Re: 2 Mystery Rejections)

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:47:35 -0500

Monica,

You make good points here. It is the job of Bookshare to deal with volunteers whose scans or validations are a problem.

However, I would suggest that a volunteer who has been flagged in this way by bookshare be encouraged to seek help either by attending a seminar on scanning or by teaming up with a willing trainer. If the volunteer takes training and still submits bad scans, then, they should be politely asked not to submit any more scans. If the submitter refuses to take help, then, he or she should be politely asked to stop submitting.

I think your plan is a good one, although I think that if a submitter has taken a seminar or has been taking training from someone, they need to have their stuff validated, and a note should go out to validators or a specific validator to ask if the new scan can be evaluated. If it is an improvement on former scans, then great!

As for being clocked on google, oh, dear, well, I'm not about to do anything about it now, but wow! Guess I better remember that when my sardonic side rears its ugly head.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring