[bksvol-discuss] David Quammen book - are these titles being processed or being scanned (or on its way via PQ)

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:35:09 -0700

Hello Bookshare Volunteer friends.

In my town lives this author David Quammen.
We have a number of his books already in Bookshare.
His newest book is about the Eblola virus, which of course is very much in the
news.

I did NOT find this book listed in any of our online Books in Process lists.
I much wish to read it. And I may go and grab a library copy or scan it.
But wanted to check in with you all and see if instead I should just wait for
it in Bookshare.

Of course if I do scan it and submit, one of you would like to proof it, let me
know this, too.
I do not wish to scan it and then find it is already come in via the Publisher
Quality method. I’ve done this a time or two already.

Here is the book details:

Ebola: The Natural and Human History of a Deadly Virus (Paperback)
   By David Quammen
   ISBN-13: 9780393351552 - Published: W. W. Norton & Company, 10/2014
In 1976 a deadly virus emerged from the Congo forest. As swiftly as it came, it
disappeared, leaving no trace. Over the four decades since, Ebola has emerged
sporadically, each time to devastating effect. It can kill up to 90 percent of
its victims. In between these outbreaks, it is untraceable, hiding deep in the
jungle. The search is on to find Ebola s elusive host animal. And until we find
it, Ebola will continue to strike. Acclaimed science writer and explorer David
Quammen first came near the virus while he was traveling in the jungles of
Gabon, accompanied by local men whose village had been devastated by a recent
outbreak. Here he tells the story of Ebola its past, present, and its
unknowable future.

FYI NOTE: Mister Quammen cancelled a scheduled lecture here to go to w. Africa
to do more extensive on scene reporting on Ebola.

Here is an article published in Bozeman Daily Chronicle just before he left.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/health/quammen-ebola-shows-world-not-ready-for-the-big-one/article_c4844316-6251-11e4-ab5a-77bf20cec5de.html

Thanks.
Rik (Richard) James
You may reply on list or individually via d28rik@xxxxxxx