[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dave Ramsey Books

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:52:18 -0400

Hi, Jim. It's the How To Get Out Of Debt book that Mary Anne is
scanning a later version of for us. I used it for about six months
before I was ready for Dave Ramsey's concepts. It taught me how to
keep track of what I spend. That alone has helped me get control over
the money drains like grabbing a fast food burger that sap money
almost invisibly. I was intimidated by a formal budget and didn't
think I could stick to it. Writing down what I was spending was all I
could do for awhile. So that book was a sort of foundation for me,
like training wheels. Dave Ramsey is great, but I needed a more... I
can't find a word for it. I needed to learn to crawl before I could
walk.

--
Monica Willyard