[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dark paragraph marks

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 22:21:16 -0600

Hi Lissi,

In Word, the following keyboard shortcuts will turn that off, holding all of them down together in sequence: control-key shift-key 8.

What's happened is that Word has gotten "show paragraph marks and other formatting" option turned on.

I hope that helps! smile.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 12/20/2016 9:49 PM, Estelnalissi wrote:

Dear Booksharians,
I’ve done it again and can’t find the fix. I struck a key combination that resulted in dark paragraph marks proliferating all over my document. Does anyone remember the key stroke that will toggle these marks away? I tried control z, back to before I made the mistake but the marks remained. I also tried control space and control q from a document Evan has of word keystrokes. These resulted in all the fonts becoming the same size and wider spaces between lines. These marks are on all documents I open in word including the book I planned to proofread next.
This book was undergoing a spell check, almost ready to check in. It’s a Bed and Breakfast Mystery called The Last Noel. I’ll appreciate any help out there so I can move this book toward the collection.
Always with love... and Thanks,
Lissi